The Application Process
During the various stages of application, we aim to learn as much as possible about the skills and aptitudes of the student in order to assess their suitability for our school.
On request, parents can meet individually with an admissions tutor to learn more about how the school functions, the requirements of the academic programme, the school’s teaching philosophy and the later stages of the recruitment process.
Taking part in our assessment weekend
The process lasts for two days and is conducted over the course of a single weekend.
Our Year 9 and 10 assessment weekends include:
1. Two university style lectures in English supplemented with tests to check the students’ abilities to learn and understand new content, analytical thinking, ability to draw conclusions, and the ability to compare data;
2. English Language and Mathematics competency tests;
3. Individual meetings with subject teachers: we assess not only a student’s knowledge but also, more importantly, their approach to learning;
4. A Group task, in which we assess students’ teamworking and communication skills.
Our Year 12 assessment weekends include:
1. One interdisciplinary university style lecture in English supplemented with tests assessing students’ abilities to learn and understand new content, analytical thinking, ability to draw conclusions, and the ability to compare data;
2. English Language competency test (and Mathematics if it is an A Level choice);
3. Individual meetings with subject teachers: students will meet with faculty members responsible for their subjects of choice to assess students’ current proficiency and approach to learning.